Monday, June 23, 2008

Beverly Soon Tofu Restaurant

2717 W Olympic Blvd Ste…
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(213) 380-1113

Beverly Soon Tofu Restaurant

Category: Korean

4 star rating
02/07/2008
Mini Review: Food VG-EX. Service: Fair-Good (for Korean Rest) Alcohol: YES and very cold!

We dined at So Kong Dong across the street last week and here at Beverly to compare. I ordered the pork kimchee soon dubu and got the seafood kimchee instead. So I didn't send it back, but it wasn't what I ordered. But I sat right next to the refrigerator with all the booze 5*!

Service was friendly and with my tofu I ordered the combo with bulgoggi and it was good, but nowhere close to Suhrabal or Soot Bull Jeep and for $16 for the combo dish, it is a very good price.

We had a group of 12 which is the max size for the whole middle table. So if you want to bring in a group, 12 is the number and you should call to reserve the table if a party that size.

To be honest, I preferred So Kong Dong's tofu, but perhaps that's because I didn't get what I ordered. Also SKD is a little bit larger. But SKD doesn't serve booze nor allow us to bring it in, so that's about the only con to SKD.

The star dish was the grilled squid! It was cooked to perfection and it was a nice size, not the small bait size squids. I wished I'd ordered it as I kept asking my fellow diner who did order it for another bite.

No comments: