Monday, June 23, 2008

Musha Restaurant - Izakaya

1725 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90501
(310) 787-7344

Musha Restaurant

Categories: Japanese, Asian Fusion
Neighborhood: Torrance

3 star rating
11/11/2007
Ate here a few weeks ago with about a dozen of my L.A. Foodies (www.LAfoodies.org) and this was my first experience with a izakaya joint. A few of the dishes were delicious as Yelped such as the Ebi Mayo, cheese risotto, braised pork belly but surprisingly the Udon noodles were way overcooked and bloated. The fried rice was bland and quite small for the money. All the dishese were quite small portions but we were making a dinner out of the dishes, not here late after partying. The Kirin draft was excellent and cold a big plus. The mackerel sashimi was surprisingly good though they torched it before serving. If the Udon noodles were cooked properly, I would have given it 4 stars.

While the cheese risotto was delicious, the cheese block that it's served in looks very scary as they've probably been using that block for months or years to serve their risotto. How sanitary can that be? Price was reasonable and the place was good, but it didn't hit a home run for me, unfortunately.

If I really wanted to correctly experience an Izakaya joint, I guess I'll have to be there late and close to home but this is in Torrance and I dined here before a poker game as I wanted to try a new style of Japanese food and play poker so I could multitask and save gas.

Maybe it's me or maybe I'm overly critical, but it's tough to find a perfect meal in L.A. without spending a fortune.

No comments: