Monday, June 23, 2008

Ono Hawaiian BBQ - Great Plate Lunch in Hollywood

5539 W Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90189
(323) 461-3688

Ono Hawaiian BBQ

Category: Hawaiian
Neighborhood: Hollywood

4 star rating
03/27/2008
Hey Bradda, you wanna get some plate lunch? In Hollywood, dis is the place. Okay, I'm not from Hawaii, but when in the islands the locals think I'm a local too. I was roughing it in Hawaii and stumbled across a group of locals on the shore who simply thought I was one of them and they handed me a fishing throw net and told me to go catch some fish for our lunch. Then they put me to work cleaning the fish and we shared a great meal... Oh, back to the review.

Ono's food is good... not the best but it will remind you of the islands. A somewhat limited menu compared to some of the other Mainland joints, but for the most part, what they offer up is decent. My favorite is the BBQ Mix with the chicken, Korean BBQ short ribs and their potato mac salad is good too. They got lots of sauces as well. The place is not big, but it's clean and modern, more so than most places in Hawaii. When I get the urge for a plate lunch, I go here. I don't know of another Hawaiian place in Hollywood.

No comments: