Monday, June 23, 2008

Tommy's Original World Famous Hamburgers

2575 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90057
(213) 389-1682

Tommy's Original World Famous Hamburgers

Categories: Burgers, Fast Food, American (Traditional)
Neighborhoods: Westlake, Silver Lake

5 star rating
11/11/2007
Some might call the chiliburgers gross, others call it heaven. I'm in the heaven camp... when I was a kid, my parents used to bribe me by promising to take me to Tommy's after going to church, if I'd agree to go to church. Deal. I'd go to church. Fast forward 40 years, I still love this place. The burgers seem smaller than when I was 8 years old, but I guess I've grown. But the burgers are the same greasy heaven that I've always enjoyed. I will always get a bunch of jalapenos and eat every one of those yellow peppers that wreak havoc with my digestive tract the next day, but I don't care. Oh, I enjoy their fries, but usually skip the fries and just go for a double chili cheeseburger. Woohooo!

I eat at the Hollywood Blvd. location 99 percent of the time as I drive past that one almost daily. But I don't eat at Tommy's too often as I've been in search of the best burger lately. Fathers Office is the best gourmet burger I've found so far but I think we are going to try the Japanese Kobe burger at Boa for $16.

No comments: