Sunday, June 29, 2008

When Did Burbank, CA Become So Cool?

Just finished watching the Weekend Morning Movie at the AMC Theater and saw "Wanted" starring Angelina Jolie. Yes, it's a action thriller with plenty of CGI and action. For peeps that like that kind of movie, I highly recommend this one. Oh, if you do go to the AM AMC movies... SIX BUCKS!

After the movie, I didn't remember where the heck my car was so I wandered around for a long time trying to find it and along the way, I saw lots of restaurants that I'll have to bring the Foodies to check out. Chadaka Thai and Flavor of India are a couple I passed by. The great find of the day was the Dollar Book Store on San Fernando Rd, right in Old Town Burbank. What a great store! I could spend days there! It reminds me very much of Pasadena.

At 11 a.m. the parking garages were packed already causing me to be very late as I actually wanted to see Iron Man before it goes off the air. "Wanted" at the 11am showing was about 3/4 full! But this was opening weekend so it's understandable. I actually don't like to go to the movies until they've been out for several weeks so I can sit in a nice quiet, empty theater. I know, I'm weird, but I hate being packed in like sardines and some big slob with a horrible cold spewing all kinds of infectious diseases into the air... well, okay maybe I'm a microbe-phobic crazy. It's just that I caught 3 horrible colds/flu/viruses this year and I usually only get sick maybe once a year at the most.

During the summer it's way cool to do your walking around in the morning before it heats up. And I like $6 movies over the Arclight $14 movies and the horrible traffic and parking.

I was so knocked out about how great this area of Burbank has now become. I used to work in Burbank about a mile away and it was a sleepy, boring community and the hot restaurant was Gimela's Sub sandwich place... which is still there I believe with great sandwiches still.

Gotta run, Peace out.

No comments: