Monday, June 23, 2008

Former Pollo a la Brasa is now El Dorado

730 Vine St
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323) 962-5065

El Dorado

Category: Barbeque
Neighborhood: Mid Wilshire

2 star rating
04/19/2008
The old sign says Pollo a la Brasa which is the same name as the famed Koreatown rotisserie chicken place which has wonderful chicken and a busy clientele. I occasionally shop at Pavillion's across the street or use the laundrymat in the same mall and I've wondered about this place and Patty's burger joint, but I've never been hungry when doing my laundry. Anyway, El Dorado has the same oven as Pollo a la Brasa in Koreatown and the same green sauce which was much like a Indian cilantro chile chutney sauce. But without many customers and frequent turnover of the chickens, the 1/2 chicken I ordered was dry, basically meaning it was done roasting long ago. The fries I ordered were good, piping hot fresh out of the fryer. So, don't expect the best chicken unless you maybe go on a busy weekend night... that is if they get busy, otherwise, if you are after good chicken, go to the Vermont Pollo ALB or even the Costco roasted chickens are more moist.

No comments: