Monday, June 23, 2008

Nonna Pizzeria

818 Fair Oaks Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(626) 403-4100

Nonna Pizzeria

Category: Pizza

3 star rating
04/26/2008
Lunch time on Saturday, the place was dead. I was the only person when I walked in. I ordered the Pollo Parmagianno (breaded chicken) which came with a small green salad (covered with plastic wrap like a school cafeteria), the penne was drowning in the Marinara and the sauce was okay, but slightly too sour (a bit of sugar would have done wonders), the chicken was decent maybe a tad thin. The garlic knots were yummy... the best part of the lunch. When paying I noticed the hand made gelatos and sampled a few and ordered the coconut... wow! delish! But for $3.25 for a tiny scoop was very pricey but the taste was worth it. The Amaretto flavored gelato was also very tasty. I agree with some others, some of the gelatos didn't look very appetizing but the flavors I tasted were all good. Didn't try the pizza, but not impressed otherwise with the dishes I consumed. Oh, the bleu cheese salad dressing was sad.

I wish I could rate it higher as one of my foodie friends give this place high recommendations. I suppose she was recommending the pizza.

No comments: