Monday, June 23, 2008

Suhrabal Restaurant - My Absolutely #1 Favorite Korean BBQ Place... Today

100 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(213) 388-1975

Suhrabal Restaurant

Category: Korean
Neighborhood: Wilshire Center

5 star rating
11/16/2007
My favorite Korean BBQ place. I've been a fan of Korean BBQ for 25 years. I've learned to make my own kim chee and cook KBBQ at home, but this place does it better than I can do myself or any other restaurant so far. The cuts of meat were superb, the cost though not cheap is quite reasonable. The bbq uses some sort of special briquettes but still gives a nice smoked flavor. The panchan was amazing. The place is very nice. I dined here a few days before the shooting and a few days after the incident.

The second time, we dined in one of the private rooms which I didn't like. I would much prefer to dine in the main restaurant in the future. But none the less, the food is amazing. I could go on and on, but my 5 star rating should speak for itself. Yes, I've been to Soot Bul Jeep, Park's BBQ and dozens of other KBBQ places. Haven't been to Chosan yet, but used to be a regular customer of the restaurant that was there before Chosan.

12/19: Went to Chosan for the lunch special. It was good, very good but to be fair, we had the lunch special which is cooked in the kitchen not at the grills so I cannot give a fair review of Chosan at this time.

No comments: