Monday, June 23, 2008

Woodlands Indian Cuisine

11833 Artesia Blvd
Artesia, CA 90701
(562) 860-8690

Woodlands Indian Cuisine

Categories: Vegetarian, Indian/Pakistani

3 star rating
02/14/2008
I was disappointed in this place. Oh, the food was good, but the variety was lacking for a $10 vegetarian indian buffet. A few blocks down the street is the India Restaurant and their lunch buffet is cheaper at $8.95 and has a much bigger variety of dishes AND has several meat dishes including Tandoori Chicken and a lamb dish or two. That's my next visit to Artesia and they were packed too. Woodlands is a large restaurant and the Owner kept telling me my party of 50 wouldn't be able to sit together, we might have to wait... to sit together we have to get there at 11am blah blah... So okay, I moved up the meeting time to 11am. A lot of my group are no shows so we only have about 25-30 in our group. I didn't arrive untill about 12:00 or so the traffic was awful. But the restaurant was pretty empty excepting our big group. But that's not the restaurant's fault. Well, maybe because they made me move the time up to 11, perhaps a lot of people dropped out or turned around because of the traffic. Frankly if I didn't organize the event, I'd have given up.

Sorry, Food good, nothing really knocked me out, but nothing foul. Service okay... it's a buffet. Value just okay, there's better deals down the street.

By the crowd at the other place, that's the Artesia hot spot.

No comments: