Monday, June 23, 2008

Soot Bull Jeep - Love This Korean BBQ Place!

3136 W 8th St
Los Angeles, CA 90005
(213) 387-3865

Soot Bull Jeep

Categories: Barbeque, Korean
Neighborhood: Koreatown

5 star rating
11/16/2007
I've only eaten here once with a party of 14 and we took over several tables. The food was excellent, the flavors divine. It was the best Korean BBQ I've ever eaten (having been with/married to a Korean for 8+ yrs) and eating Korean BBQ countless times. So, this was my fav until I dined at Suhrabal which is my absolute KBBQ favorite place.

That said SBJ is certainly worthy of 5 stars. The cons are well documented... smoky inside, poor ventilation and sparks could ruin a ladies nylons or silk dress, so ladies... wear jeans as burning embers do leak out of the stoves. But the flavors.... yum, yum, yum!!!

For Korean BBQ, many consider this one to be the best. I wouldn't argue with them, but Suhrabal happens to be my #1 fav and SBJ is my #2. I haven't tried Chosan but I used to love the restaurant that was there before Chosan.

No comments: