Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Park

The Park
1400 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(213) 482-9209

Category: American (New)
Neighborhood: Echo Park

3 star rating
06/21/2008

Dined here with a group of 12. We were able to be seated together and the waDined here with a group of 12. We were able to be seated together and the wait staff was very good. I shared the cornmeal cake w/shrimp and it was tasty. The spicy calamari with Schezwan sauce was delicious but then I love spicy food. I had the braised pork special that came with pickled collar greens and some kind of scrambled egg dish. The pork had like a mole type sauce and it was decent, but only warm not hot. This is a typical problem with a large group where the chefs want to serve the entire table together. I wish restaurants would just send out the dishes when ready instead of waiting for all 12 dishes are ready and 1/2 the dishes grow cold waiting for all the dishes to be ready. This also causes a long wait for our entrees. A big group shoulp probably just arrange a prix fixe dinner for a group our size considering how small the kitchen and dining room is.

If I was dining with a party of 2-4, I'd have probably given them one more star. I'll try them again and perhaps I can bump it up a star. Especially since there is no corkage fee, but the dining room was too warm. It needs better cooling or I'd wait until cooler days to revisit.

I tasted the Jidori chicken and that was excellent, I wish I'd ordered that dish. Lots of food with that entree.

Thev've got some kinks to iron out but I think they will improve.

No comments: