Monday, June 23, 2008

Ord Noodles - Bargain Thai Food

5401 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 468-9302

Ord Noodles

Category: Thai
Neighborhood: Hollywood

4 star rating
03/21/2008
Hot Damn... This is a great find for the Cheap Eats diners. I scheduled a dinner for 18 here last week but I couldn't attend... So I just went by myself tonight as I was driving right past it.

Duck Noodles! Perfection! A surprisingly lot of duck meat complete with the skin (which contains the most flavor) and I ordered it spicy for all of six bucks. Then I dumped a load of the dry chili powder and a couple of spoonfuls of the tiny sliced Thai chilies... woohoo! That'll put anyone's mouth on fire. I had ordered a Thai ice coffee which is only a buck and it's loaded with sugar which suppresses the burning mouth a bit. I'm gonna have to go back with a group of the LA Sushi & Asian Foodies so we can sample a lot more dishes together!

Update: I didn't know that I could have requested egg noodles so next time I have their duck noodles, I think it would be even better with egg noodles!

So my 5 star rating is based solely on one bowl of noodles so hopefully the other menu items don't disappoint.

The bathroom is small but clean and the whole place is nice and clean and orderly. Not a date place, but certainly an excellent place for a quick, cheap bite to eat.

Can't wait to go back.

Update 6/5: Thurs night, the place was packed at 7pm. They were out of Thai ice coffe/tea because they ran out of the condensed milk. Bummer. The price went up to $1.50 and the top price for dishes is now $6.50 still a bargain. They were out of the roast duck, so no duck noodle soup. Bummer. I had the chicken pad thai and it was quite good. But being out of duck at 7pm and they closed early as they ran out of a lot of food, they closed early... So I have to knock them back to 4 stars. Still bargain priced and I will be happy to return.

No comments: