Monday, June 23, 2008

The Boiling Crab - Good Food, Too Small

742 W Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91803
(626) 576-9368

The Boiling Crab

Categories: Cajun/Creole, Seafood
Neighborhood: Alhambra

4 star rating
04/18/2008
Food good. Service good. Spicy is real hot. Waitresses also hot. Wait time for table of 8, no hot... we waited for about 1.5 hours and they were out of the blue crab, dungeness crab and lobster. Only had shrimp, king crab and mudbugs (crawdads, aka crayfish). The shrimp was excellent as was the king crab and the mudbugs, well, not much meat on dem bugs, but that's to be expected. I'd skip the bugs and stick with the shrimp and hopefully the crab will be available. I enjoyed the cajun fries and the buffalo wings and my party also enjoyed the oysters on half shell. The cold beers at the bar made the wait bearable. If you order the extra hot, it is quite hot. I can take the heat, but medium is more enjoyable and is what I'd recommend for 95% of the people dining here. Reasonable in price. Just the wait is a bummer. I'm gonna have to find a place or a park nearby where we could buy the food to go and avoid the wait. Very popular and it closes surprisingly early, I think 10pm and last service is at 9:30pm or so.

No comments: