Monday, June 23, 2008

El Parian Restaurant - Great if you are a Birria Fan

1528 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(213) 386-7361

El Parian Restaurant

Category: Mexican
Neighborhood: Pico Union

3 star rating
11/16/2007
After reading a J Gold review of the place, I thought I'd give it a whirl. 3 of us ventured here... my excuse was that I was working on a project a few blocks away, so it would be a convenient place to check out.

The goat tacos were supposed to be to die for and it was... okay. Didn't knock my socks off. One of my dining companions ordered a burrito that was cheap and huge. I didn't know her well enough to ask for a sample but she said it was excellent. My other diner ordered the the same carne asada taco and goat taco.

I liked the carne asado taco better, but then I prefer beef to goat. So, while the food was good, I would not drive over here specifically for a meal here. It was fine as I was in the hood.

1/15/08 Update: I just had their frickin burrito with carne asada, rice and beans inside for about $5 and a Pacifico to wash it down and it was superb. Not being a goat/birria fan the birria tacos didn't thrill me. Back to the burrito, the thing was delicious, beers cold and while I wouldn't drive 15 miles to go here, I have no problem stopping in for their big ole burrito if I'm in the hood.

No comments: